Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So Far So Good

First of all I'd like to say thank you for all the support the past week. The emails, text messages and posts really helped me through the week. I must say the anticipation of going back to work was much worse than actually going back to work. I spent weeks envying all the moms I know who stay(ed) at home with their kids that I totally ignored all the great moms I know that couldn't/didn't stay home. I am surrounded by them, especially at work. Some of the teachers I respect most are also some of the greatest parents I know. There is one teacher in particular who has three of the most respectful boys I have ever met. I have always watched her boys and thought "They must be great parents." She is also a fantastic teacher whom I respect and look up to.


Madden has had some pretty great days with Aunt Michelle. She goes for walks when the weather is nice and goes outside to watch Kyle play in the sand box. She has even watched Hannah Montana with Lexi. This is embarassing, but I must admit, this wasn't the first episode that Madden has seen of Hannah Montana, I too watch her on Saturday mornings.... Hey, what do you want, we don't have cable! My days have gone by fast. I teach for 3 straight hours in the morning and the rest of the day is spent pumping and teaching so time flies. The truth is, its nice to be back. I missed my eighth grade team of teachers and I missed being with the kids. I forgot how much I love being with Middle Schoolers (I'm crazy, I know...). Aunt Cookie told me when she went back to work she liked being someone other than "Mom." I feel similarly. I take pride in knowing that I can be a good teacher and a pretty great Mommy. I love being a mommy and I like my job. I know that I encounter kids everyday who don't have the best role models at home and I enjoy being there for those students. They need me too!

We went for Madden's 4 month check up yesterday. She is 13 pounds 14 oz and she is 26 inches long. She is in the 50th percentile for her weight and the 95 percentile for her height!





Here are a couple pictures/videos. Haven't taken much lately. My time at home is spent cuddling with Madden, you should see my house: what a mess!!







Haidyn and Abby came to visit for a couple hours. Here we are reading a book on the couch together.





This is the only way I can get her to lay on her belly.


Madden has started playing in her exi-saucer. She can't quite reach all the toys yet but she enjoys sitting up.




Madden sits in her bouncy chair while I pick up the kitchen and make dinner every night. As you can see from this picture, she isn't much help!

No comments: